Typos and other mistakes make a terrible first impression.
Your words, whether they’re for business, a blog, a website, or a novel, make an impression. Your words say a lot about you. We’ll make sure they and you say the right things.
We love words of all kinds. Whether it’s a short story, novel, resume, job application, college application essay, 501(c)(3) application, software manual, user guide, annual report, blog post, silent auction program, postcard, menu, ad, poster, business card, newsletter, website, price list, grant application, form, invoice, or pretty much anything else, we will help you make it better. We have many strengths, but if we don’t think your project is right for us we’ll tell you right up front and do our best to connect you with someone else.
Coal Creek Documentation Services will help by first-reading, editing, & proofreading your writing to make sure it’s easy to understand and error-free. We’ll improve your work, taking it from good to great, quickly and professionally.
If you’re working on a non-fiction project, we can fine-tune your existing material or design and create something new to better match your vision. We’ll help you say what you mean, in language appropriate to your audience.
Our experienced editors will read your fiction for consistency, pacing, and a host of other things that will make your book or story smoother and more professional.
It’s hard to see your own typos, and it only gets worse as you continue to re-read. A new set of eyes can save you from an embarrassing mistake (like serving desert after your fundraising dinner instead of dessert!). Whatever your project, we can help.
Keep reading to explore the options.
We will revise your material in its early stages to ensure it’s clear, concise, consistent, and speaks to your target audience. Along the way, we’ll catch typos, misspellings, and problems with grammar. Editing includes checks for the following:
- Content is appropriate to the target audience
- Sentence structure is varied and smooth
- Tense is consistent
- Content follows your style guide, if one exists
- Unnecessary adjectives are removed
- Word choices are non-repetitive and appropriate
- Important terms are defined
- Sentences and descriptions are clear
- Sections flow correctly for the document type with information presented in a logical manner
- Paragraphs contain sentences with related ideas
- Headers & subheaders correctly represent the document’s contents
- All required elements are present
- Information is accurate and consistent
- Information is relevant
- Evidence is provided where appropriate
- Extras for Fiction
- Timeline is consistent with action
- Character descriptions are consistent
- Pacing is appropriate to the scene
- Word choices are appropriate to characters and scenes
Before sending or publishing your final draft, it needs a last quick review to catch any pesky errors that have become invisible to you during revisions. We’ll give your document a final review for hidden spelling errors, typos, and grammatical errors.
Writing and Research
Need something written, but lack the time or skills to do it? We’ll take your outline or notes and turn them into a final draft. Have something that just needs a few gaps filled? Tell us what you need, and our researchers will track it down. Our writers come from a variety of backgrounds, and will deliver usable, stylish, and professional results.
Website Design & Maintenance
Our team can design and build a website or improve & maintain your existing web presence. From simple sites built with bare-minimum html & CSS to complex ones built in a content management system (and everywhere in between), we have the skills and experience to deliver exactly what you want and need.